President Akufo-Addo says government will roll out a two-year soft loan scheme for small and medium scale businesses as part of government support for them in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
The President has also announced that government will absolve water bills for the next three months as Ghanaians observe measures to curb the spread of covid-19 in the country.
The President made the announcement in a national broadcast Sunday evening.
Below are some highlights of the President’s address.
1. Being a Ghanaian means we look out for each other.
2. Thank you to each one of you, law abiding citizens.
3. I’m extremely perturbed by unpatriotic Ghanaians circulating old videos of attacks on citizenry. “It is said”.
4. We should all be in this fight together.
5. 804 persons quarantined have been released to be with their families.
6. I salutes frontline health and security workers for putting their lives on the line to save others.
7. GHS8,750,000 has been received so far for the fight. I’m happy that many of my appointees have followed my example to donate their salaries.
8. Through the course of the coming week, the determination will be made as to whether or not to extend the two-week lockdown. I have, however, extended the closure of our borders for two more weeks.
9. The GWCL and ECG have been directed to ensure a stable supply of water and electricity in this period.
10. The president has announced that the government will take care of water bills for the next 3 months (April, May, June).
11. Govt will roll out a soft loan scheme with a two-year repayment plan for micro, small and medium scale businesses.
12. We’ll decide on extension of lockdown next week.
13.Govt has decided that all health workers will not pay tax on their emoluments for the next three months.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.