The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the All People’s Congress (APC) held its first meeting on the 18th of January, 2020 and deliberated on the way forward of the party. The leadership of the party agreed on several modalities towards election 2020.
The Founder and leader Dr. Hassan Ayariga chaired the meeting. The leadership of the party outlined schedules for the reorganization of the party from the grassroots, constituencies, Regional and National level.
The party outlined dates and days for opening of Nominations for the constituencies, regionals and national elections. The cost of nominations forms and filing fees for the various positions in the party were also fixed.
Ladies and gentleman of the media, fellow party members, permit me to take you through the schedules of days and dates for the upcoming activities of the APC.
Schedule of Activities. Election 2020.
1. Opening of nominations for the constituencies will start from the 31st January, 2020 and end on 14th February, 2020.
➢ The Cost of the Forms for the constituencies positions is GH¢50.00 and cost of filing is also GH 50,00 for various positions at the Constituency levels
➢ The 22nd February 2020 is fixed for the elections of all the constituencies positions across Ghana. All interested Members should pick their forms from the Acting Constituency Secretaries at the various constituencies offices when nominations are opened.
2. Opening of nominations for the regional elections will start from the 14th February and close on 28th February, 2020.
➢ Cost of forms for the regional positions is GH100.00 and cost of filing is also GH 100,00 for the various positions at the regional levels.
➢ The 14th March, 2020 is fixed for the elections of all the regional positions across Ghana. All members interested in vying for the various positions should pick their forms from the Acting regional Secretaries at the party’s regional offices when nominations are opened.
3. Opening of nominations for national executive positions will start from the 16th of March and close on the 30th March, 2020
➢ The form for National Chairman position is GH¢2,000.00 and filing fee is GH¢5,000.00
➢ The form for National Vice Chairman position is GH¢1,500,00 and cost of filing is Gh3,000.00. All other positions at the National Level nominations forms is GH¢ 1,000.00 whilst filing fee is also GH1,000.00
4. All Aspiring Parliamentary Candidates will pay an amount of GH1,000.00 for their forms and also pay GH2,000.00 for filing fee.
➢ Opening of nominations for all parliamentary aspirants will start from the 14th February and close on the 28th February, 2020.
5. The Presidential Candidate position nominations forms is GH20,000:00 and the Filing fee is GH50,000.00 the candidate must comply with the procedures and rules of electing the presidential candidate outlined in the APC’ S party constitution.
6. Vetting of National Executives will be held on the 25th April 2020 at the party’s headquarters in Haatso from 9am to 5pm
7. The National Delegates Congress of the party is schedule for the 2nd May, 2020 in the Greater Accra Region, the Nations capital.
Meanwhile, the party will deploy logistics and sixteen (16) branded pickups to the sixteen regions of the nation to enhance political activities of the party towards our victory in election 2020. The leader and Founder Dr. Hassan Ayariga and the National executives of the party will start nationwide tour of the regions and constituencies from the 2nd of February 2020 to the 24th of February 2020.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the media, fellow citizens. Our country is in crisis and needs urgent crop of new leadership skills and vision to rescue our people. We need a third force that we will give Ghanaians a better leadership and vision for economic freedom and development. Our leader Dr. Ayariga is our last hope and we ask Ghanaians to see the APC party as that alternative force that will rescue Ghanaians from hopelessness and bad leadership.
We asking Ghanaians today to start the campaign of “Bye Bye to NDC and Bye Bye to NPP” we need a change!!!
Vote for Change!!!!!!!
Permit me to quote Dr. Hassan Ayariga “We need the hands and leadership of a new generation to save our nation Ghana.” Dr. Hassan Ayariga. APC Leader.
Let’s stand up for a change that will give the youth and the people the platform and the opportunity to build their nation. The APC believes in POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
Thank you again for coming