Ghana is set to benefit from over 326 million pounds from the UK government for various projects in the country, as part of over 6.5 billion pounds package announced for African markets Monday.
A total of 26 million pounds will be used to supply solar powered water filtration systems in Ghana, while 80.3 million will be spent on work on the Tema-Aflao Road Project.
Additional 40 million pounds will be expended on the development of the Kumasi Airport, and 120.5 million pounds for the upgrade of Kumasi teaching hospital, while 60 million pounds will be used to provide 250 new beds for a general hospital in Koforidua.
The announcement was made at the UK-Africa Investment Summit in London.
The projects will be undertaken by UK companies and their African partners.
A statement published by the Department for International Development and Department for International Trade “the diverse and fast-growing economies of Africa offer huge potential to UK business”.
The 27 deals under the over 6.5 billion-pound investments in Africa have been listed as:
1. Aggreko signed an £80m contact extension for energy provision in Cote D’Ivoire
2. Airbus sold £80m of aircraft in Egypt
3. Anglo-Tunisian Oil and Gas invest £26m in Tunisian gas assets.
4. Aqua Africa win £26m export contract to supply solar powered water filtration systems in Ghana.
5. Baker Hughes £306m export and investment of deep-sea equipment and scholarships in Mozambique
6. BHM £80.3m work on the Tema-Aflao Road Project in Ghana.
7. Bombardier’s £3,180m construction and operation of 2 monorail lines in Cairo.
8. Contracta Construction UK win £120.5m export contract to upgrade Kumasi teaching hospital in Ghana.
9. Contracta Construction UK win £40m export contract to develop Kumasi airport in Ghana.
10. Diageo invest £167m to improved sustainability of breweries in Kenya & East Africa.
11. Globeleq invest £50m to help build of Malindi photovoltaic solar park in Kenya.
12. GSK invest £5m in Egypt to upgrade two production lines.
13. Kefi Minerals invest £224m in a new gold mine and to develop local infrastructure in Kenya.
14. Lagan Group win a £185 export contract for the construction of Kampala Industrial Business Park in Uganda.
15. Lloyds Register invest £0.76m to set up operations in Mozambique.
16. Low Energy Designs win an export contract to install street lighting for Oyo state in Nigeria.
17. Matalan invest £25m to open 13 new outlets in Egypt.
18. Moy Park to export £12m of frozen chicken to Angola.
19. Nexus Green export £80m of solar powered water pumping systems for irrigation in Uganda.
20. NMS Infrastructure invest £222m in the construction of 6 hospitals in Côte D’Ivoire.
21. Rolls Royce purchase £50m of aircraft engines in Egypt.
22. Savannah invest £315m in the acquisition and investment of ingas assets in Nigeria.
23. Tex ATC install 5 Airport control room towers worth £2m in Nigeria.
24. Trilliant install £5m of Smart Metering to Abuja DisCo In Nigeria.
25. Tullow invest £1,200m in continued oil production in Kenya.
26. Tyllium and Ellipse win an export contract worth £60m to provide 250 new beds for a general hospital in Koforidua in Ghana.
27. Unatrac win a £1.5m export contract to supply machinery for Ugandan roads.